Though designing a calendar may not seem too difficult a thing, making sure that all elements engage the right audience and work to drive the right results takes time and careful consideration.
A calendar marketing campaign is an extremely effective way of promoting your products and services, and enhancing your brand identity over the long-term. However, in order to be as successful as possible and produce a valuable ROI, there are a few important steps you’ll need to take:
- Set out what you want to achieve
Creating a calendar without knowing exactly what you are trying to achieve could mean wasted efforts and money, which is certainly not good for business. Before starting your campaign you’ll need to determine the following in a solid marketing plan:
- The specific goals you accomplish, whether that’s to draw in new custom, develop existing customer relationships and repeat purchases or encouraging more high-value sales.
- The potential returns you’ll make, using what you could make from a typical customer.
- The timeframe you have to effect your campaign, including the design, production and fulfilment process, as well as the response time from your calendar audience.
- Understand your target audience
As with any marketing campaign, understanding who your target customers are and what is going to attract them to your brand is essential for an effective calendar. Your calendar will be in their view for an entire year, which means that all the text, images and where and how you choose to distribute your calendars will need to appeal to their demographics, behaviours and interests.
Look at what your competitors are doing as this will be useful to determine what you can include in your calendar to help you stand out.
- Communicating an effective message
Now it comes to creating a stand-out calendar design. Remember that the colours, the fonts and all the smallest details will impact massively on the quality of response you’ll receive. Here are some tips to a great promotional calendar design:
- You’ll need a clear and consistent focus on every page (remember your key goals and the message you want to promote!)
- Use images that will add to your key message. In many instances images communicate far more than words. High-quality and eye-catching visuals are vital.
- Less is a lot of the time more – keep it simple so that information is easy to digest.
- Use compelling Calls to Action with correct contact details so people can take the next steps.
- Quality calendar printing
The quality of print for your calendar will make or break its success. High-quality calendar printing is a key way to create the best impression of your business and entice people to want to engage. A professional calendar marketing company will be able to run through the most valuable design ideas with you and get these printed to the best standard. At Eight Days a Week we produce bespoke calendars and will work with you from the initial stages of design right through to printing, binding and packaging.
Your initial calendar marketing plan should help dictate where and how you’ll distribute your calendars for the desired results. This could be as a free item as part of a customer purchase, to encourage brand loyalty, or as a promotional gift at an event to boost brand awareness.
- Measure your success
The success factors can be difficult to measure, however try to isolate the effect of your campaign, look at the benefits it’s brought to you and whether it’s made you a profit. Evaluating the success of your campaign will help you adapt your strategy if necessary to maximise on your goals and ROI.
For any of your calendar marketing needs, we can help you deliver an integrated solution that will drive the results you want. Just give us a call on 08432 898074 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and see what we can do!
Whilst there is certainly a place for electronic calendars in this world, there remains the need for most of us to have something physical that we can look at when planning our busy social or business lives. What remains so useful about the calendar is its versatility. The fact that it can be utilised anywhere, by anyone, makes for consistency and transparency between family members or colleagues at work. So what are the options with the calendar? Here are a few of the different calendar types you can choose from:
The wall calendar is an opportunity to display calendar details prominently but adding some colour and interest by the addition of a picture or photo, or collage of photos. It is usually something that has to be moved on month to month thus giving those who see it a new interest or discussion point regularly.
The desk calendar is mostly used in business. For those having to quickly calculate delivery dates or plan workloads it is an asset that does not have to be looked up especially, making life just that little bit easier.
Although there are numerous uses for a wall planner, in an office environment it is often put to good use when used as a way of approving staff leave. Displaying easily for all to see, who is in and who isn’t, it ensures transparency and fairness in annual leave approval, and helps to ensure the office is run smoothly and efficiently.
Where space is at a premium the slim calendar fits the bill. Although they can be produced with interesting pictures and photos, commercially this type of calendar is a great method of advertising your company to others – business to business or directly to customers.
If you want to make the most of your office or home working environment, or ensure that others businesses have your brand in front of them at all times, then it is time to consider your calendar requirements, whether they be for wall, desk or planner varieties. For any more advise on choosing the right calendar or to get a quote for a custom print, please feel free to contact the Eight Days a Week team on 08432 898074, or email enquiries to email@example.com.
Despite the ready availability of digital technology, in a world where business is increasingly switching online for sales and marketing, printed calendars remain an office staple. Whether you are making plans, or just checking dates, most people would agree that a physical calendar is a useful organisational too – if you jot an important date or piece of information down, it’s much more likely to be engrained into your mind.
A calendar is much more than an organisational aid; it can be a highly effective promotional marketing tool, designed to help keep you firmly in the mind of your customers and persuade potential customers that you have the solutions to their problems. Whilst print and digital were once at polar opposite ends of the marketing spectrum, this is no longer the case. For marketing efforts to work as effectively as possible, it’s important for all channels to meet in the middle to form a fully integrated marketing campaign.
We have put together a short guide to creating a business calendar that can work alongside your digital marketing efforts.
Brand identity – keep your business in mind
When designing a new corporate calendar for your business, it’s vital that the theme is in-fitting with your business and brand identity, as well as consistent with the messages put out by your other marketing channels, whether online or offline. Be sure to clearly present your company logo, key contact details and other important information on each page of the calendar – as social media becomes more and more important for businesses, you should ensure that there is clear information about the social channels that customers and potential customers can reach you through.
Quality is important
When it comes to marketing your company, in many cases, images are just as important and as powerful as words. With this in mind, quality images are crucial for a successful calendar, or in fact, most marketing channels – particularly digital.
Your calendar is a marketing tool, so use it like one
Your calendar is a fantastic way to further your marketing efforts. It’s a lasting item that will be in front of your customers for a year, so it presents the perfect opportunity to draw attention to your other marketing methods and any upcoming company events or offers by adding them to your calendar as a reminder to customers and potential customers. This helps you to add value for your target audience and help to increase the reputation of your company.
If you feel that you could be having more success with your corporate calendar, or if you would like to learn more about fully integrated calendar marketing, you can contact Eight Days a Week on 08432 898074. As the UK’s leading calendar print-management and marketing company, we will be happy to help you with your queries.
A branded printed calendar is not only a staple, useful giveaway item for customers, partners or staff, it can positively reflect your brand, your company values and instigate further interaction with your business. An effective branded calendar can help you to stand out from competitors and drive interest in your products and services, so you don’t have to play it safe when it comes to its design. Even the most corporate of calendars can effectively engage with unique or interesting colours, materials and use of shapes and patterns, or cleverly placed content and imagery. Here we’ve rounded up some of our favourite contemporary and rather unusual calendar designs, as inspiration for your next calendar marketing project:
- CMYK Colour Swatch Calendar
This is a fun and versatile calendar that can be hung up or set on a desktop and would be perfect for individual organisations. You have the option to tear off the swatches to build your own colour combinations for the days and you can collect different versions for a further variety of colour. This clever design builds in the collectible feature which would open up further selling opportunities and it offers a visually striking, memorable design.
- POLADARIUM 2016
Tapping into major successes of photo based social media sites such as Instagram, and the increasing popularity of the Polaroid, this compact calendar provides a range of contemporary images to be viewed, put up on a wall or shared, offering great usability and a strong visual impact. The fact that there is a different image for each day keeps people regularly engaged with the brand’s content.
- SICOOB Desk Calendar
A corporate ring binder calendar that is clean, consistent and stylish, using a simple colour palette. Although the design scheme, with varied geometric shapes, is clear and minimal, it includes extra information about the company’s offerings for each month, which can develop trust in their brand, promote and persuade.
- 2016 Calendar Tea Towel
The trend in calendar marketing is shifting towards extending the life of calendar products and giving added value to the end user. This tea towel calendar has really adopted the trend, displaying information in a vibrant and eye catching way whilst prescribing further use. If a tea towel wouldn’t be suitable for your audience, perhaps a large poster, a cut-out or foldable item could drive brand value and make your message memorable.
- Typodarium 2016
Like the Polaroid calendar, the Tyodairum 2016 allows users to strip off the cards containing the dates, so that they can be arranged by preference to be hung up, laid out or carried on the go. It’s another design led calendar, though it also provides information directly related to the types of fonts used for each date. This makes the calendar fun and interactive, at the same time as being highly relevant and informative.
Remember that whatever design you opt for, your calendar should be consistent; the designs, imagery and text should reflect your marketing message and sum up your brand. A printed calendar is a long-lasting marketing tool that acts as a visual, physical reminder of your products and services 365 days a year, so make sure your calendar is striking, informative and includes links to other places you can be found.
To discuss your calendar project or for any advice about your calendar design, please contact us today on 08432 898074, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Despite the surge in use of electronical calendars for everyday activity planning, the printed calendar is still an essential organisational device in offices and homes worldwide. The traditional calendar continues to be a staple, and the preferable choice for many, because it’s a simple, tangible tool that brings a number of productive benefits a digital version can’t. We’ve put together a list of some of the things you may not have known about your paper planning pal, and why it can be an extremely effective, profitable asset.
- Studies have suggested that nearly 8 out of 10 businesses have at least one printed calendar at work, with an average 64% being on a workspace wall. It’s a tool that’s enduring in the workplace because it’s an easy way to improve business efficiency and both short and long term planning. A printed calendar, at a desk or on the wall, is accessible for a number of employees and is a visible prompt for them to schedule and remember key events.
- Have you ever tried upcycling your old calendar? Instead of throwing your printed calendar away, there are a number of fun ways you can reuse it and cheaply turn the image led, interesting pages into usable, even further promotional objects. Items include notecards, posters or framed art, envelopes, gift bags, recipe holders or stands and gift wrap. If you’re using a calendar as a promotional device, you can give your audience the incentive to upcycle the calendar themselves, giving the item prolonged, added value and enabling an interactive experience with the product.
- The printed calendar is a highly motivational device and can boost productivity. How? Because unlike electronic calendars, it has a strong visual appeal through its design, making people want to use it effectively. A simple to use calendar, where dates can be shown across one page, on a monthly or daily basis, can quickly let you see the bigger picture. Instead of having to flick across a small screen and open event items, you can clearly see upcoming events and notes, allowing you to better prioritise and arrange your schedule far in advance.
- Did you know that a printed calendar is a valuable marketing tool? Your calendar can drive better results than other advertising forms, due to its ability to display large, high quality images and text to best promote your products and services. In fact, research suggests that 76% of printed calendars are used for promotional purposes.
- Though a paper product, calendars can be eco-friendly. Many companies provide calendar printing services using 100% recycled paper, and have lowered the carbon-footprint from their production process, so you know you’ll be benefiting the environment if you prefer to use a physical, traditional calendar.
- Using a printed calendar can help you better remember you ‘to-do’ list. Though paper calendars can’t give you push-notifications and reminders, it can still help you remember your daily tasks well. The act of writing has been shown to help people be able to recall the things they’ve written down more effectively. Writing or drawing on the calendar is a more intensive way to record important information, meaning you’ll more likely remember it than pushing buttons on a mobile phone. Plus, colours and designs on calendars can offer a visual stimulus, which is often better remembered than text.
To make the most of your printed calendar design and to discuss your calendar marketing requirements, please contact us on 08432 898074.
Daily organisation is becoming more streamlined than ever thanks to mobile devices and computers enabling us to manage tasks, be reminded of upcoming events and share information with others. Digital calendars can be accessed easily from anywhere and are being adopted more and more by businesses looking to make planning and daily routines more efficient. However, even with a major influx of new technological trends this year, the old-fashioned printed planner or calendar isn’t likely to be replaced in the foreseeable future. Printed calendars are still practical and essential organisational and promotional devices for businesses, regardless of how many digital solutions they have in place – here’s why:
We’re all individuals
As individuals we all think and like to do things differently. Though there are many calendar apps available, they’ll most likely not give you the freedom to plan and structure tasks or organise dates in a way that best suits you. The smaller screens of mobile devices may make it harder to lay out information in the way you want to, and digital solutions in general will follow a set template which may not be fully customisable. Using a pen on a physical calendar, you can simply write down what you need to know in the way you want to, without having to insert unnecessary information.
Time is of the essence
In our busy working lives, saving time is always important and often hard to achieve. Keeping a digital diary may seem more efficient, however, it can be fiddly and be more time consuming to input information. Writing down an important task or date will take up less time than finding and opening an app, logging in and filling out the many options to complete the task.
Finding the right balance
It’s true that people can stay connected with a mobile or technological device and can easily and quickly respond to requests. But for the working professional, they may find constant notifications and alerts outside of working hours quite frustrating. We are more reliant on technology in both business and personal life, though for many a printed calendar is a useful tool which doesn’t feel intrusive and physically separates work duties.
Calendars are durable
As well as being less invasive, physical calendars will not run out of battery life, or unexpectedly erase information with the wrong tap of a button or a required upgrade. A printed calendar is still relevant in the modern world, as it can be seen at all times in the same place, whether it’s on a desktop or hanging on a wall. The calendar becomes a reliable source of information and organisational device that can be replaced year on year for those who find it useful.
The physical act of writing has been proven to help you remember information more effectively than typing it. Using a printed calendar and having it visible to you to glance at regularly, will also help you better keep track of dates or updates, without you even being aware of it. Turning the pages of your calendar will also help you better think ahead and visualise details needed further down the line. This is why the traditional calendar is a great motivational device which helps staff better focusing on plans moving forward.
Calendars will always be popular giveaway items to help promote brand identity, company standing and relations. There are so many styles of calendar and customisable themes available for different promotional purposes; they’re not only a useful tool for the recipient, they can be visually impactful and hold a company in their memory for future interaction. It’s easy to display a brand’s message and advertising on the different pages of a printed calendar, which will be seen on a daily basis by the target audience. People like to stick with what works and a physical calendar can be relied on all the time.
Even in this digital age, we understand that people continue to appreciate the tactility and usefulness of a physical calendar. As a marketing tool a calendar cannot be matched, in providing an all year presence and a more personal connection to those using it. To create your effective calendar, chat to us today by calling 08432 898074, or email email@example.com.
The surge in the use of smartphones and other technologies makes everyday calendar management anywhere – organising work meetings, appointments, travel and special occasions – easier and more accessible than ever. However, the traditional calendar is still valuable as a physical, very effective tool in the workplace, and is a great marketing device for companies looking to widely promote their services.
The fact that wall or desktop calendars can be easily personalised make them ideal for attracting the attention of specific target audiences, in a visually impactful way. Most importantly, a calendar is there with the user for every month of the year, as a cost-effective way to deliver a series of marketing messages that will make your business and its offerings stick with your audience to develop your brand. We’ve created a list of ideas to make the most of calendar printing, as a valuable marketing tool to engage with your customers and increase business.
- Include high quality photos of your products or services: Presenting a different one on the calendar page each month is a simple way to directly market your products and services. Large prints hung on the office wall, will remind your audience daily of your business and what you can offer them.
- Creativity is key: A beautifully designed and unique calendar to suit the customer, is much more likely to be used by them and attract their attention. Make it personalised – a creatively tailored calendar, with items that are local or topical placed on their desks or walls, will make customers feel special and interested in what your company can provide.
- Use direct calls to action: Calendars are perfect for the visual display of special offers or promotions, your company contact details and specific website URLs. Short, simple and effective wording and display that can be viewed on a daily basis, will inform and influence your audiences and build up credibility.
- Plan your marketing strategies for the year ahead: You need to make sure that calendar content is relevant month by month, by including any important seasonal information or content that will meet the trends and business goals surrounding that time of year. Christmas or Easter promotions, topical information, or monthly-related interesting hints or tips will ensure you are delivering content which will create results whilst becoming a trusted and reliable source of information.
- Connect online: Modernise your calendar by directing people to your social media channels or website. This is a great marketing tool to generate your following more broadly and drive traffic to your business’ offerings. You could even print barcodes for products that can be scanned by smartphones, so your calendar forms an interrelated marketing device to drive people to specific areas.
- Keep customers tuned in: Alert of any dates for your upcoming newsletters or features or events. Again your calendar is brilliant for engaging people with other marketing materials, as you can easily include or refer customers to promotional items such as leaflets or guides.
- Make your logo noticeable: Whether a small desk or larger wall calendar, your company logo should always be clear and visible on each page. Having this at the top will make sure customers keep you in mind.
- Get your calendar professionally printed: Offering a high quality, colour calendar is most important when using it as a marketing tool. The calendar needs to last for the year, and hold your audience’s attention. Investing in good quality will reflect your values as a business to your customers. It is worth putting the time and effort into calendar marketing, because an effective calendar will help your company stand out and promote your services every day, all year round.
To see our range of calendars and to find out more about how we can help with calendar marketing for your business, please give us a call on 08432 898074 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since being founded in 2003 our company, Eight Days a Week, has become the UK’s leading calendar print management and marketing company. We have been able to produce well designed calendars, which have never failed to please our clients.
Calendars are a great way to help you plan your holidays, organise staff and always make a great overall addition to any place of work.
We understand how busy our customers may be, so if you have missed out on any of our recent blogs, you can now catch up with us.
Here Are Our Top 3 Blogs You May Have Missed:
- Calendars As An Effective Marketing Tool – if your company loves doing something different, then maybe you should consider sending out a calendar, as part of your marketing plan. If another business has a promotional marketing calendar with your branding on it, this could work in your favour as it is a gentle reminder of who you are, and the service you provide.
- 10 Good Reasons Why You Should Use Eight Days A Week Ltd For Your Calendar Production – we outline some of our best qualities and what makes us our customer’s first choice when it comes to custom calendar printing. Find out more about the great service we can offer to you.
- The Importance of Good Quality Calendar Print – Find out how important it is to have quality calendar printing, so that you can show the pride you take in your business – even from this small additional feature to your office. Glossy paper, in particular, works wonders as it gives a crisp finish and comes with a laminated cover, to help the front page stand out.
Here at Eight Days a Week, we can work with you to create a calendar that reflects your business, and to help you plan for the year ahead. For more information, you can give us a call on 08432 898 074.
Calendars are useful to remind you of things that you need to do – you can refer to them every day, and they are effective in helping you scheduling certain tasks that you need to do within the month. Calendars have existed for a long time, and they never seem to go out of ‘fashion.’ As digitally evolved as we may be, some still like to have something solid written down the old fashioned way, as this may help people to remember things more so than digital devices such as, calendars on mobile phones or on e-mails.
Calendars are efficient in many ways, but they can also be useful as a marketing tool. You could have your own marketing calendar created, which you could then hand out to potential clients. They could act in a similar way as to how a business card does. Except with calendars they will provide an all year round use, as companies would be able to use them to their own advantage, and are less likely to be thrown away or pushed to the bottom of the pile as some cards may do.
Investing in a marketing calendar would be a great way to generate more business, and advertise what you do. Through having your calendar on someone’s desk all year round would be like a gentle drip feed of your brand. This type of advertising is beneficial in reminding potential customers that you are around, and your calendar will be there to inform them about the services that you do.
You could be really creative with creating a calendar to use as a marketing tool, for example:
- You could use images for each month representing your company
- You could use famous quotes that represent your company, and which could also apply to other businesses
- You could create small desk calendars which would be beneficial and would take up less room on someone’s desk
You can be as creative as you like with your calendar – it’s certainly something that will make you stand out from the crowd. As a marketing tool your corporate calendar could prove to attract more business. It is important to ensure that your calendar is of a high quality, and you use good quality images within them – this will show that you have really taken the time and effort to invest in your calendars. It will also show that you are thinking out of the box, and are trying different things which is often admirable.
Eight Days A Week have much experience in creating calendars for businesses as marketing tools, you can visit http://www.eightdaysaweek.co.uk/calendars.html for more information on how you can stand out from the crowd with your calendar.
- Great Customer Service – our approach is warm and welcoming, and we get things done without fuss and palaver.
- First Class Quality – exactly what you have come to expect in this demanding commercial world, we constantly strive to make it better for you.
- Complete reliability – in a nutshell, we will not let you down.
- Expertise – second to none, what we don’t know about calendars and their production isn’t worth knowing.
- Professional – whether you want 50 calendars or 50,000 we treat you, our customers all the same. After all you never know when that order for 50 calendars is going to turn in to the next 50,000 order.
- Made in the UK – we are very proud of the fact that all or production is done in the UK, right on your doorstep so to speak.
- Speed of Response – second to none in our industry, we will amaze you with our lead times.
- Knowledge – anything you need to know about calendars you only have to ask and our advice is absolutely free.
- Guarantee – we are so confident of our work that we guarantee it, we believe in hitting problems head on.
- Passion – we have this in abundance, if we could bottle it we could make a fortune.
Find out more about us by sending for our free guide The Ultimate Calendar Marketing Solution http://eightdaysaweek.co.uk/ultimate-guide/